October 10, 2013

I'm starting 2014... Now

Do you remember,

The Aesop's Fable, The Ant and the Grasshopper? The story of the Grasshopper who played around during the summer and fall because everything was so abundant, meanwhile the ants worked away and prepared themselves for the winter and months to come. Long story short, I'm trying to be both the Ant and the Grasshopper.

My season ended in early September and I took a much needed and enjoyable couple of (4)weeks. With R&R heavy on the schedule: Food, Drink, Rest... Eat, Drink, and Be Merry. 

Now, much like the ant, I am looking down the road and begin to prep for whats ahead. With another long year in store what I do now will build a foundation for the events later down the road. 

But, I need to be a little more like the grasshopper and play around so that I can continue to enjoy what is to come. October and November will only bring sporadic training and racing... Nothing too serious, but more an occasional status check. Pools, Bikes, Running shoes will only be utilized for fun...




Success in life only comes when you refuse to give up,
 with goals so strong that obstacles, loss, and failure only act as motivation


Thank you for all of your support


No comments:

Post a Comment