April 28, 2013

Ketchup!

I thought of that while riding my bike
Have time for a quick update, No... Well okay.


March and April in a nutshell, busy with a dash sickness, and a sprinkle of traveling. March and April cruised by with a busy agenda at hand. My new schedule has me spread thin (a little too thin) Looking a most of my days I realize that the 24hr day thing is more of an idea then a practice. Paying the price I had a bad combination of exhaustion and some shifts in the weather. I got my but kicked by some seasonal colds that took there toll on me for a couple of weeks. It's tough to train when you cannot breath. The training has been tough. I too will add on to the cliche of endurance sports... It is not easy.

Most of my days consist of waking up, AM training, (make myself tired) work, (more tired) train a second time, (exhaustion resumes) and then sleep. (Rinse repeat you get the idea) I feel the progress from the workouts but at the same time I relish in the moment that the day is over and I can get some rest. I realize that sometimes the simple things get me through the tough days. A meal, shower and a bed sound great.

On a positive note I worked on two more events in Austin. The first back in March XC 5k with the Save Muny Lions Golf Course and the other in April the UT Longhorn Run 10k/2mile. Both events where a result of a tremendous amount of planning and work from volunteers.  Very enjoyable to work on. After all of that I was able to book a little trip back to the natural state for my best friends wedding. During the 4 days in Arkansas I spent my time split between the duties of being a groomsman and the other part sneaking my training session in on the rural roads of Altus/Clarksville Arkansas. This trip was a great recharge of the batteries. Congrats Matt and Emmarie.

May brings up my first race of the 2013 calendar. This little rust buster will be fun. A small super sprint triathlon will really begin the break from base training to starting the strength and speed segments in preparation for Nationals. Stay tuned for a update after the May 5th race.

Thanks for the support
Luke's Locker
Jack and Adams
Friends, Family, and You too...

No comments:

Post a Comment