June 25, 2015

Don't Panic


Lets start you off with a common athletic paradox:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Consistency, the word we keep in our back pocket, it's a safety blanket to explain our current status. Progress is something we strive to achieve, believing that we are better today more then yesterday. Improvements, goals, and personal records provide encouragement, like a carrot in front of the horse, we reach forward. But not realizing where it is taking us or what it takes to capture whats right in front of our face.


Common practice is to find the path of least resistance (hell, physics supports this theory) We find comfort in our routines and often times struggle when things don't fall into place. The journey always finds bumps and detours in the road. We plan for the best and sometimes experience the worst. We work to keep our heads above water, not taking an extra second to recognize that we can actually swim, and continue through the turbulent waters.

The struggle is finding the initiative of making changes that are necessary. It requires fortitude to maintain your path and strength to make an improvement. It's a test of will to find the strength, self confidence, and understanding. In order to over come the challenge and find success we have to deal with doubt and regret that come with uncertainty. Believing that what we are doing matters and will result in a positive outcome.


I find the gratification from the challenge. Ability is working at what I can do, and pushing myself beyond the scope of what I could do.

Motivated by both the fear failure and glory success it takes a lot to look into a yourself and believe. To know that you have worked for what you earned and that no one can take that away.

A simple rule to follow: Don't Panic
No matter how stressed you feel in the moment, panic will render your abilities useless. This uncertainty is normal. Pushing beyond your comfort will leave you felling uncomfortable. If you panic you increase your chances for failure.


I can undoubtably say since my last update a lot has happened. Some moments that I would be delighted experiencing over and over, while others have prepared me with the exercises of growing older. I look forward to the horizon in front of me.

The pleasure of victory comes from a combination of many elements: Achieving the goal, appreciating the moment, and sharing the experience with the people who matter.

I would be foolish not to thank everyone that has offered their support and friendship to me. Thank You for keeping my head up and my path forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment