February 5, 2013

Ready.... Fire!.... Aim?

I would be the most conservative person, if it were not for myself....

With my base volume training increasing as the months tick away I feel that solid foundation of endurance steadily improving with each swim, bike, and run.... Did I say swim... right now its mostly swim, swim, bike, swim, run, swim, and swim. Never the less, my chlorine infested body finds time to enjoy the south texas weather 3 days a week for a run, and 3-4 nights inside on the stationary trainer. Since November I have been working to build that volume of endurance so that when the workouts come quick and fast I don't fold like origami. (or poker, or a lawn chair)
Starting in March, I will begin really being antisocial as I phase in workout blocks into my training that will most likely begin turning me into something from the Walking Dead. I would like to pre apologize for my pre absence in the next month or so until I get the hang of things... Remember "I'm only mostly dead, which means I'm slightly alive."

My awesomeness comes second only to my goofyness...

Being the impulsive reactor that I am known for. I recently got my confirmation email from US triathlon about my acceptance to attend the Age group nationals in August. Quick to act I snatched up a registration spot for the event. Striking the return key after entering in all my information for the race I shut my labtop and rejoice in the excitement of what the season will bring with this key race being the capstone of my very first true triathlon season.

Then my Brain kicks in... the details rattle around my empty head. Reality resumes, the race is up in Milwaukee, WI. I have to book my airfare, ship my bike, get a hotel for several nights, and acquire a rental car. +1 point for my actions, minus a million for not planning. 

“In fact, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land.”    






















Thank you for All of your Support...

No comments:

Post a Comment