February 19, 2014

Performance Standards

Expectations:  A prospect of future good or profit: to have great expectations.

How do words like assumption and calculation fall under the same definition? We all know that in a calculation 1+1 will always equal 2. But, on the other hand its an assumption to believe today and tomorrow will  always equate itself to the next day.

No matter how much planning and scheduling we try to enforce as a routine, we always have to be willing to adapt. To rigid a structure might cause a break when it is changed, too flexible and it won't hold up under pressure. 

It's not always the best to go with the flow, sometimes you have to put your feet down against the current. Find your balance in order to stand on your own. 


 I dunno. Philosophize with him!
As I have mentioned before, I have had an offseason that I simply never expected. A crash, followed by the flu, then hit by a car. I just wanted to pick up where I left off from last season and start the process of improving. Those effects added an unwanted stress to my environment that had me fearing "what's Next". 

I'm now within a short couple weeks from my first race of the season to get things really going. Despite my setbacks there is great foundation underneath me. It feels good to know that I am picking up where I have left off from the previous season. Efforts that where challenging before are now the standard. We push to raise the bar and improve.

I am so excited to begin racing for the 2014 season. As always I will share my experience to the best of my ability on social media: Here on my blog or quick photos on Instagram (@nfskate) or caption on Twitter (@nfskate08) and socials media.


The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.
Christopher McCandless




Thanks for Your Support:
Mark Kendall Massage Therapy
David De Leon OTL Fitness


No comments:

Post a Comment