August 22, 2012

Progress for the Sake of Progression

It's been a while, I've Been Busy

In case you have been under a rock, the past few months have been an athletes paradise. European Championships, Tour De France, and the Olympic Games have been an absolute muse of possibility in the world of sport. Witnessing other athletes giving everything they have when competing has been an awe inspiring, reality check. Something I learned a long time ago is that there is no substitute for hard work.

I have another race under my belt with a solid result. Training has been going well, work has been keeping me busy, opportunity has kept me open minded, but most importantly I have been enjoying myself.

My most recent competition was the Jack's Generic Sprint Triathlon. Another excellent event put on by my team sponsor Jack and Adams. This tune up was a shorter distance sprint style race. A 500 meter swim 13.8 mile bike and 3 mile run is designed to test the speed of the athlete. This was a great check for my self before the Tri Rock Triathlon that I have been sharpening up for.


01:04:57   9:09    1:50/M Rnk14   36:20 22.8mph Rnk 9     17:36  5:52/M  Rnk 2


Finally had a swifter swim that help me come out of the water in a better position. As usual my Bike and my Run locked up my position in the race. Catching the lead field early and closing them down on the run. Finishing 7th I was able to finally Break the top ten this year.

Motivation has been so easy to come by during this summer. For once I have been able to focus on a few goals instead of spreading myself out on many task that only delude my attention and ability. Moving forward I think about the work I put into my training, job, and life. Nothing comes easy, I know this, you know this. Satisfaction comes when you can wipe some sweat off your brow and look back and say that you did what you could to give your all.

I am tired of trying my best. That is an old saying that got me in trouble growing up. It weighs to heavily on potential and not enough on execution of the opportunity. I want to look at the top of the mountain and say I will not stop until I reach the peak. Everyone has talent, but are they disciplined enough to reach beyond what they have been given and strive for success.












Next on the Calendar:

Zilker Relays (Aug31)

TriRock (Sep 3)

Come out and Give your support 
thanks to all my friends, family, and supporters!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you are saying about talent...I think talent is about 30% ability and 70% about commitment and drive!
    Good luck at the relays Friday!

    ReplyDelete